- Overall supervision of the working of all the Cooperative Societies in the Province under the provisions of the Cooperative Societies Act, 1925 and Rules 1927. At present 8256 Cooperative Societies with member ship of 402983 are registered in the Province.
- To provide policy guide lines and guidance to the district offices and other Subordinate offices and to manage the administrative, technical, financial and legal matters.
To keep liaison with the higher authorities and sister departments in Agriculture sector and departments in other sectors.
- Supervising the working of Cooperative Bank. The Registrar, Cooperative Societies acts as President of FPCBL and chairman of its Board of Directors
- Any other task/activity assigned by the Provincial Government.
- Propagation of Cooperative Movement, Motivating, Organizing and Facilitating the people for formation of Cooperative Societies for the promotion of thrift, self help and mutual aid among persons with common economic needs.
- Organization, Registration & Mandatory Annual Audit of different kinds of Cooperative Societies under Cooperative Societies Act, 1925.
- To facilitate the working of different Cooperative Societies registered in the province, which includes Audit, Inspection, Arbitration of disputes, liquidation of Cooperative Societies.
- To arrange training programs for the field staff of the Cooperative Department and small farmers Managing Committee Members i.e. Presidents, Secretaries, and Treasurers of the Cooperative Societies in the Also provide trainings to the staff of Livestock and other sister Departments in Agriculture sector and members of the concerned Cooperative Societies.
- Look after special function societies i.e. Housing Societies Transport Societies etc.
- Any other task/ Activity assigned by the Registrar Cooperative societies and concerned District Government.